We are half way through October and slowly inching closer to Halloween and Thanksgiving! One of my favorite things about this time of year is the food. Nothing says fall like getting cozy under a plaid blanket with a warm bowl of broccoli cheddar soup.
If you are a soup lover then check out this easy, yummy recipe. This is my personal recipe and can be played around with or altered to your preference.
What You Need
1 bag of broccoli florets
1 container of broth (vegetable, chicken)
1-2 containers (depending on size) of half and half or heavy whipping cream
1 large bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
How To Make It
- I use a crockpot to make my soup.
- Cut up the broccoli florets into smaller bite sized pieces and put them in the crockpot.
- Pour all of the broth over the broccoli.
- Dice up onion and shred some carrot into your soup if you prefer.
- Add a pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4 hours (the longer you cook the softer the broccoli becomes)
- During the last half hour of cooking time add the heavy whipping cream and some sharp cheddar cheese.
- This is the point where you can taste test your broccoli to see how soft it is and if it is to your liking. Continue to cook on low if you like. Add more heavy whipping cream and cheese if you like. Add more salt and pepper.
- Pour yourself a bowl and enjoy!
I have made this recipe for my family multiple times now and they all approve! Even my toddler enjoys this soup!
Thoughts on my recipe? Let me know if you try it and what you think!