I have never been much of a go-getter. I have never been much of a goal setter. My current occupation (stay-at-home-mom) requires most of my time and leaves little room for extra-curricular activities. My children come first, but writing and growing this blog has become a priority for me.
I find that I am more likely to follow through with my intentions when I set goals and I hope that in sharing them I will hold myself more accountable. At the end of the month I will write a check in post to see just how successful I am at meeting my goals.
For the month of August my goals are as follows:
- Begin eating healthier again and cooking more meals at home: WHY is this so hard? I love to eat, I don’t often think about what I’m eating or how much, but this needs to change. I am in my 30’s now right? It’s time to think about what I am putting in my body. Eating out is convenient, but it’s expensive. Time to be more intentional about it.
- Begin an exercise regimen: Something daily, nothing hard-core, but it all goes back to the concept of being more intentional and taking care of my body.
- Practice Patience: I want to be more intentional in my parenting. I find myself getting irritated and frustrated with my daughter all the time because she is very high needs. I want to work on being more patient with her, listening better to her, and responding to her with less frustration.
- Reach 100 followers by the end of the month: I would love to continue to expand my reach in the blogging community so this is a small goal I am setting for myself.
- Write a blog post three times a week: I wouldn’t mind writing even more than this, but I feel this is a more realistic goal to set for myself. If I can manage to write every other day that would be great.
If anyone feels comfortable then please share your own goals for August. I am happy to try and keep you accountable and would love it if you do the same for me. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!